Hi guys, I've been a vegetarian for more than a decade of my life, and a vegan for almost half of that. My father is an on and off vege so eating meat for me was always kinda weird and if we did eat meat it would be every 2 weeks or something. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now and I've been a vegan for all of it, he has seen my lifestyle and has tried it various times but cannot commit. He is an excellent athlete and sprinter, I continuously tell him turning vegetarian or better yet vegan would help his health (and help us both quit smoking, I know I'm sorry). I'm never a really big in your face vegan but lately I have been with him. We've been living together for 6 months and there is no meat in the house, so he's basically just eating McDonald's meat or his parents cooking.

Sorry this was so long, haha. I just though maybe you guys have all helped partners make the transition before.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I understand. My exboyfirend wasn't a vegetarian. He changed it because he had read philosophy and also he was listening to me. I was always talking about a discrepancy between loving animals and eating them. One day he said: I am vegetarian because I read Nietzsche (I was lucky) and he writes about life- "it is not possible for us to create a life for the reason to end it. He trained in gym and it was very important for him to have a right diet but he changed it because of thinking. Now my husband is a vegetarian although I am vegan now but he is trying now to go vegan. He wasn't a vegetarian before he had met me. Although he wasn't reading philosophy so much as my ex boyfriend, he did it as well! It is my story but what I wanted to say is maybe it is very important to choose a right man and then be honest with him. For me it is not possible to imagine non vegetarian man next to me because it is not just about it, it is mainly about his attitude to life and me as his wife.  Actually I don't understand why you are with non vegetarian, since you have such a vegan history.

As he is an athlete, I think you will need to find some more information about vegetarian athlete for him. Here is one article about great vegetarian/vegan athlete: http://www.vegfriend.com/forum/topics/5-plant-based-athletes-that-b...

Hope your boyfriends will soon turn to be a full vegetarian in short time.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service