Connect with vegetarian and vegan friends from all over the world.
1) Sift flour, baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the sugar and almonds.
3) Whisk the vegetable oil, soya milk and vanilla in a jug and quickly stir it into the flour mixture.
4) Quickly stir in the chopped peaches. The total stirring should take less than 30 seconds and it's fine if it's really lumpy.
5) Divide the mixture between non-stick muffin tins or muffin cases and sprinkle flaked almonds on top of each one.
6) Bake at 200ºC/400ºF for 20-30 minutes or until risen and cooked through.
7) Heat the apricot jam in a pan or in a microwave until runny. Using a pastry brush, glaze the tops of the muffins with the jam.
Almost perfect...except the sugar :P
Please give us recipes without sugar (offering an alternative flour would be nice too) Food is medicine!
I believe there is RICE FLOUR as an alternative to WHEAT FLOUR but whether there is an alternative "self-rising" flour I don't know.
My favorite GF flour mix (that I've used) is 1/3 buckwheat, 1/3 sweet rice, and 1/3 white/brown rice flour + xanthan gum (to replace the gluten). Could probably swap out buckwheat for sorghum, too.