Any one else lose a lot of muscle mass after going vegetarian

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been vegetarian for about 4 months now. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong as I'm losing a really noticeable amount of muscle. My legs, arms, butt and face are looking really scrawny. Starting to get comments about looking gaunt. I'm not actively trying to lose weight. I am exhausted. The only exercise I get is running around after the kids. I've been careful to include oats, beans, lentils, chick peas, nuts, fruit and veg. I take a vitamin supplement roughly twice weekly. Am I missing something? Anyone else had this happen?

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ingrid =) Did you eliminate eggs and dairy at the same time, or were you not eating those products previously?

Hi, still eat eggs and cheese but drink rice milk instead of cows milk now. So reduced dairy intake.

Have you had a physical lately? It may be a good idea to get some blood work done. It could be related to stress too though.  

Try adding coconut or nut milks into you diet, but I would suggest making nut milks from home if you have the time b/c the store bought ones aren't very good. Maybe you should also consider how frequently you eat over the course of the day. When I first went veg I noticed that 3 meals just wasn't enough.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service