I'm not sexist or biases; I think both genders have great capabilities for being compassionate.Is it a stereotype that woman are more compassionate than men?.If we're looking at it from a scientific stand point of view,our brains are wired differently.We process emotions differently then men.Most of the time generalizations are generally never accurate.We all engage in both nurturing and fierce expressions of compassion.Love,compassion,kindness are natural to all of us, men and women, in their varied forms of expression..So,what's your opinions are women more compassionate than men??

Views: 2708

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't say. It's all about how compassionately we saw things.But somewhere i feel Women's are more expressive than mens.

I think, the ability to be compassionate depends on the person himself/herself, not on the sex. Women are not more compassionate than men; for example, most of us are interested in fashion, and it is important only for few if the clothes and cosmetics are cruelty-free or not. I saw so many women that cry when seeing a dying animal, but the same persons bought leather jackets etc. to look stylish.

I agree,Yana.

Yes, each of us is different in small and significant ways, Males/Females. But, there is far more that unites us than divides us. We deny the richness of human experience if we abide by rules that say "Men" are limited to a certain amount of compassion/or the way a men should act /feel , or how a woman should act/feel when expressing compassion or love.. Our goal  should to be fully human, and to never accept less than who we are/ or let someone down play how we feel.. Male or Female

On the whole yes. It is sad that political correctness does it utmost to try to make people believe that both sexes are the same, and that all races are the same. Such is nonsense.  

Women are more caring and compassionate than most men; not all but most I have found

Compassion comes in many different forms and the reason some people might think that women are more compassionate than men is because we generally have a preconceived notion of what compassion looks like. Compassion is defined as; sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others, unyet we generally think of compassion from the feminized standpoint of emotional warmth, nurturing, and kindness.

Rather than just saying women are more compassionate than men, I would say men differ in their expression of compassion and it differs from person to person, every woman isn't compassionate and every man isn't uncompassionate, levels of compassion varies within the individual and i don't think it has anything to do with gender!

"Compassion is not the same as empathy or altruism, though the concepts are related.On the same side of the coin that you're trying to make a two sided coin. While empathy refers more generally to our ability to take the perspective of and feel the emotions of others ,compassion is when those feelings and thoughts include the desire to help."

We can not  define compassion / empathy by our own set standards and beliefs. Each person has their own definition and reflection of it..Compassion or empathy is a self proclaimed reflection in each of us at times.We each see it in different ways and different depths of understanding.And, everyone of us defines it differently. So, it has it's own unique definition and reflection from each one of us.

Sympathy – feeling sorry for another.
Empathy – walking in another’s shoes.
Compassion – love in action

They are all on the same side of the coin interweave together not separate from each other ..When you imply one the other comes along with it.We can not defined them as separate and limit them to our own understanding and definition. We all just see them in a different way and it has nothing to with trying to define them to a certain standard.

^Well said...... i agree.. but i think i would have used the word "Wisdom" rather than desire. Again our basic difference Jenny......... between fire and water... Sagittarius is head over heart, while Cancer is heart over head. You are right that people are all different but to speak for we is an assumtion and or assertion that even though people do it all the time (like i just did too) it's noT so wise to speak for anyone but ones self.. Also i would noT have associated coinage in the way i define compassion, but yes giving of money can be called compassion in many circumstances.

Journey you actually nailed me for once. "Cancer is heart over head" ..Tho, we might disagree on everything else at times..lol ..I am ruled by my heart and wouldn't have it any other way .lol

The expression is a idioms,"The same side of the coin" .Meaning different but closely related features of one idea. Nothing to do with actual money or coins ..lol

Where have I ever said love was a concept? Love is an action.Love is something you do. It can produce emotion, but love is an action.Love is a choice. It’s a decision you make every day of your life.

Sorry the computer messed up and did not post my edit. Please disregard ^that flawed response. Apparently i cannot edit anymore i guess i only was allowed 15 mins to edit this website has many many flaws.. But is awesome thanks
My final statment "it's a computer" NoT a human. Humans are far superior than machines, even though humanity gives it the power to suck it is very obviously onesided as you said but very very different.. Stale mate forever :) the truth is noT the illusion. That is what i said about ): "concept"

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service