I could stand to lose up to twenty pounds.  I follow a vegan, gluten free diet.  I eat mostly raw foods, almost all vegetables, no heavy starches, no sugars (I use stevia if necessary but I usually am fine just eating fruit) and limit the number of calories I intake.  I pay close attention to getting proper nutrients (vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, healthy fats, etc) and I am very active.  I live in a very hilly, heavily forested area and I'm constantly hiking; I also run 5 times a week, do yoga almost daily and pilates about 4 times a week.  I don't understand why I am carrying this extra 20 pounds and I was curious if any other healthy, active women have overcome this dilemma?

Views: 14554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am vegan and I struggle losing my weight. A year ago, I became vegan from being vegetarian for a year and since then I haven't lost any weight.... Which is a plus because I confess I haven't ALWAYS been eating all that healthy as you are, but I try most of the time.

I occasionally have some swedish fish candies and I eat a lot of cereal (BUT THE KIND THAT PEOPLE CONSIDER "HEALTHY") I guess too much of anything is bad...

But for a month, I tried really hard.  I ran a mile everyday and ate a lot of fruits and veggies, avoided any sweets or junk food. I've even tried to work out with running a mile everyday. I've got nothing..

It's really annoying because I see these meat eating girls walking around strutting their hot stuff. I mean, I don't really care about how I look, but I'm pushing the overweight scale in my BMI. I weigh 140 something.

Then again, I should be happy because on both sides of my family there is obesity and diabetes. I was obese for the majority of my life. I remember I was 140 lbs in 4th grade. When I was 16, I was 200 lbs.

That's all predictable.. if you really wanna know what's wrong i suggest youb go to www.180degreehealth.com or read the book Diet recovery by Matt stone or Forever fat loss by Ari Whitten.
Dieting and eating low calorie leads to weight gain on the long run.. and the weight you lose initially is muscle mass.
I would suggest that you should perhaps visit your doctor for advice. Problems with your thyroid for example can cause weight issues. Or it may just be from muscle gain!

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service