How can fish & sea-food eaters claim to be Vegetarians? Pescatarians are NOT vegetarian on ANY level !

Views: 3886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never ate any diary so far, but only dairy ;-) more seriously my understanding about vegetarianism is that this diet basically exclude any kind of flesh but I'm not here to judge others opinions. Being able to listen so that the discussion can continue freely. We don't know people's lives so in my opinion respect is the key of sharing even if we don't fully agree. We all once reconsidered our diet here, everyone has his/her own story/path/pace/sensibility. Just to remind. :-) 

you are trying to imply that Non-Pescatarians are unhealthy?!

big fail there sudeep. she did not imply that. she made a personal health decision for he body.

I never asked Alice for a justification as to why she eats fish. Its she who chose to disclose her reasons for eating fish.. But when both of you say that its a "Personal health decision for the body..." I was compelled to reply that way 'coz I don't buy that justification.. The human body can still do fine without fish or meat or diary or eggs. Yet, I have no issues with her personal choice.. whether she eats fish to satiate her taste buds or to "maintain her health", she calls herself a Pescatarian & I am cool with that.

It is my firm belief that being a Pescatarian is just the same as being yet another meat eater. Its like these Pescatarians have chosen the way of "Selective Non-Vegetarianism" & yet trying to project themselves as animal lovers.. How pretentious can some people be?! What's the point of them being on this site then?!

It is my firm belief that being a Vegetarian is just the same as being yet another meat eater. Its like these Vegetarians have chosen the way of "Selective Carnivorism" & yet trying to project themselves as animal lovers. How pretentious can some people be?! What's the point of them being on this site then?!

There is nothing compassionate about consuming eggs and dairy.

Those who consume Eggs are NOT Vegetarians either - on this site they are called Ovo-Vegetarians but in my country they are addressed as "Eggetarians". I do not consume Eggs myself, though I do consume milk products. There may be "NOTHING" compassionate (in your own words) about eating Eggs & Diary but that's just your opinion to which you are entitled.. as much as I am entitled to the opinion that its still far better than eating fish like you do.. we do NOT eat meat.. & eating fish is no better than eating meat. You are the one who is a "selective carnivore", not me or any Vegetarian for we do not consume meat. You can change the definition of Carnivore to make yourself feel better, but it still won't be the truth.

You're being defensive and there is really no need. 

Those who consume Eggs are NOT Vegetarians either - on this site they are called Ovo-Vegetarians

They're called Ovo-Vegetarians everywhere, not just on this site. 

There may be "NOTHING" compassionate (in your own words) about eating Eggs & Diary but that's just your opinion to which you are entitled.. as much as I am entitled to the opinion that its still far better than eating fish like you do..

When you eat cheese, you're eating rennet, the lining of a calves stomach. The calf is ripped away from his mother and slaughtered for his rennet. Unless you go out of your way to source the miniscule cheeses made without rennet, you are eating the flesh of a calf when you eat cheese. There is no difference between that and eating wild caught salmon except that the salmon gets to live a normal life prior to being caught.

When you eat yogurt, ice cream, milk etc... you are eating products that came from animals whose male offspring are slaughtered for veal and rennet (because males don't produce dairy). Once your dairy cow has slowed her milk production, she is sent for slaughter. She is only kept alive so long as she can un-naturally produce dairy for your milk and cheese. In her relatively short life, she'll be repeatidly artificially inseminated, pumped with drugs, diseased and infected, forced to give birth an un-natural amount of times, have her babies ripped away from her (half to be slaughtered), have her milk stolen and than she'll be forced to do it all over again. You want to do chickens now?

If you think being a vegetarian doesn't contribute to the abuse and slaughter of cows and chickens you're wrong, therefor, you are no better than I.

"If you think being a vegetarian doesn't contribute to the abuse and slaughter of cows and chickens you're wrong.." -  I never said or meant that being Vegetarian is supreme, or that it doesn't contribute to the abuse & slaughter of cows & chickens.

"They're called Ovo-Vegetarians everywhere, not just on this site." - Really? Not in my country atleast. The websites in my country use the term Eggetarian instead. Stop assuming you know everything about every country, culture & its inhabitants.

You are way too judgmental & have an "I know it all attitude", miss. Its not me who is defensive, its just you trying to assume whatever seems convenient for you to assume. What are you trying to prove exactly?! No matter what you say, eating fish does not make you Vegetarian. Get over it. You accepted that you eat fish & are a Pescatarian by choice... that's fine with me. Even if I assume that my dietary choices are better or more ethical than yours, its MY opinion. You shouldn't be too bothered about what I assume when you are so content with your own choices & beliefs.

I never said or meant that being Vegetarian is supreme, or that it doesn't contribute to the abuse & slaughter of cows & chickens.

I'm sorry, these are your words right?

It is my firm belief that being a Pescatarian is just the same as being yet another meat eater. Its like these Pescatarians have chosen the way of "Selective Non-Vegetarianism" & yet trying to project themselves as animal lovers.. How pretentious can some people be?! What's the point of them being on this site then?!

So?!

so you are a hypocrite, cut and dry. you are so busted buddy o

Naah, just your opinion to which you are entitled :) And opinions are subjective, I can see your empathy for your friend Alice.. keep cheering her up :)

Am I going to be handcuffed now that you claim to have busted me?! :D

This is the statement that started all this. I'm simply trying to let you know that you're not in the position to look down your nose at anyone else which is what you were doing.

Animals die to provide you food. Just because you don't gnaw on their dead flesh (most of the time) doesn't make you better then anyone else. 

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service