Hi, how long have you all been vegetarian? And why do you choose to be vegetarian?

Please share your vegetarian experience with us!

Views: 12848

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey! I've been a vegetarian for 1 year and 16 days! Before that, I tried being a vegetarian, but it didn't work out. But, now it's working! I have been doing great without meat and I'm proud! But, it has brought me some health problems- when I didn't know that there would be trouble consuming protein, I ended up passing out because I didn't have enough protein! I also tried going vegan, but that didn't last a day... How long have you been a vegetarian Xiao Kang?

Currently 6 years. I was off for about three years and prior to that I was veg for about 20 years..I believe it is healthier..

we went vegetarian as a challenge for a month (just about 2 years ago) after learning about the impact on the environment that factory farming has.  It was such a success we continue, then we learned about the mistreatment of animals that are sent to slaughter, even worse.  We will never go back because there is no reason to consume animals, just the thought makes me shutter.  I now have put my parents on a vegetarian diet and my mom's diabetes is more under control, even her pain from arthritis has gone down. 

Hi!

Vegetarian 11 years, Vegan 2 years. 

I deeply want the world to be a better place for all and believe that stepping in the right direction will get us there.

I was raised on a family farm. My little brother and I would sit on the greenhouse roof and watch the chickens as they were beheaded, they would run down the hill and collapse in the long grass.... we would point them out. That may have something to do with it. I also have always liked my cats better than any human I was acquainted with.

Hi!

Vegetarian 11 years, Vegan 2 years. 

I deeply want the world to be a better place for all and believe that stepping in the right direction will get us there.

I was raised on a family farm. My little brother and I would sit on the greenhouse roof and watch the chickens as they were beheaded, they would run down the hill and collapse in the long grass.... we would point them out. That may have something to do with it. I also have always liked my cats better than any human I was acquainted with.

I've been vegetarian for about 2 years. I watched the movie the cove. If you watch it, it speaks for itself as to why I became a vegetarian- animals can feel pain, and know what's happening- they are not mindless creatures who should be treated like they a items of commodity 

I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, i was just 18 when i made this change in my life.

I became a vegetarian for two main reasons: in one hand because of my first approach to buddhism and its values. In the other hand because the empathy i 'd always had about animals, i could never cope with their suffering.

Hi, I've just started to became a vegetarian for a month ,why : because of I've got to know that I've had hepatitis B surface antigen in the blood. The majority of chronic Hepatitis B carrier do not develop chronic hepatitis and do not require treatment but I'm at increased risk of having serious liver diseases such as liver cirrhosis and liver cancer so the doctor recommended me to maintain good health and to increase resistance against diseases and avoid alcohol and medications that might damage the liver and then one of my vegetarian friend recommended me to be a vegetarian to maintain my health.

I started to be a vegetarian when I found out that I have a tumor (near to my right jaw)... I was fear, and was told (by my dad) that being a vegetarian like him is the way to prevent worst things happened to me. 

And when time pass, I found out that meat is actually one of the factor that cause cancer (mainly because of the unethical way of the people in manufacturing those meat)

Reincarnation is also another factor that made me stick to be vegetarian cause I am a Buddhism. :) 

I have been a Vegetarian since 2009 I think. I don't quite remember the exact date since I've never eaten much meat in the first place. I became a Vegetarian for various reasons.

1st I had always been picky about meat (there were some kinds of meat that I didn't eat at all)

2nd I have seen videos of how animals are treated before they are killed

3rd I don't think we have the right to eat other animals! We are animals too!

4th Started trying out the Veggie replacement foods and loved them!

I really feel like I want to become a Vegan as well. But that's a little bit more difficult for me to achieve. I hope I'll make it one day and be strong enough... Kudos to all those who are!

I have been a Vegi for 25 years. The thought of eating dead , rotting animal repulses me. The thought of taking part in murder bothers me even more.

People ask me too "why" I dont eat meat. Of course I dont want animals to suffer for my meal, but the looks on their faces when i tell them I dont want meat in my mouth perplexes them. I always tell them how easy my transition has been, I just dont want to eat a animal...its so gross!

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2018   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service