Hi, how long have you all been vegetarian? And why do you choose to be vegetarian?

Please share your vegetarian experience with us!

Views: 12873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

20 years. Vegan for a few months.

Hello, I'm new here, to answer your question, I was priviledged to be born a vegetarian, my mother was a vegetarian, so I have never eaten meat and I never intend to, its disgusting, not natural, cruel, etc. etc. I live in a country were there are very few vegetarians so I am not "normal" but it does not bother me, I love being a vegetarian. :)

hi nelida!

Hello!
Vegetarian for 3-4 months now and I know this was the way I was meant to be eating! I have the most energy, my skin is clearer, and I don't have digestion issues anymore. I want to work my way to being vegan and hopefully someday a raw vegan! I went from being a junk food junkie to clean eating and now I'm a clean eating vegetarian.

hi felicity. i'm glad to hear about your journey. I was an omnivore until I was 16, then veggie for 24 years, and have become a raw vegan just recently. it is good to do it in steps like you are doing. don't worry if you have any slip ups on the way. I beat myself up last week when I accidently ate some feta cheese, but it really doesn't matter too much. just keep moving onwards and upwards. :)

Meditation found me at a young age and through it I found the "www.artofliving.org" place and I learned a meditation and how to do it correctly, and then I found it was right and then a year ago I found this book "http://www.amazon.co.jp/Richard-Hittlemans-Yoga-Exercise-Plan/dp/0911104216" and committed to it everyday and it's getting better everyday. I don't know whether vegan or vegetarian is best. Maybe we need a little milk product, but we should make sure to get it from happy animals that for sure. Everything we eat we should hope that everyone producing the food is happy. We should give this prayer before we eat and after. Japan does this by saying "itadakimasu" That is very good. I think everyone should do this. "A wise decision is one where things are hard at first and easy in the long run" GMO crops are easy short term and killing people long term. Money should be in our pocket not our head. I'm learning more everyday

Hi! Im 25 years old, and ive been vegetarian for 7 years now. its been hard because at the beginning my family dont support me (Nowadays at they still dont support me, but at least dont bother me lol)someday i hope to be vegan :) i do it because i want to go to sleep everyday knowing that i try to not hurt anyone in any sense

I became a vegetarian the day I moved out of my parents house, 10 years ago. In the beginning I only did it for the animals. I had heard about veganism, but thought it was way to complicated and only for 'hippies'. Since I didn't know any other vegetarians, going vegan was something that just didn't seem possible.

In the meantime I started to learn more and more about animal welfare, healt benefits and our 'footprint' on earth. It became clear to me that I was still harming animals, damaging my health and contributing in the destruction of this planet, by being only a vegetarian. The animals would still be killed for many other reasons besides their meat and I just didn't want to be a part of that anymore. I also wanted to live a healthier live and all my research led me to the same thing: veganism. So 2 years ago I became a vegan. I've never felt so energized and healty as I do know. Also the fact that all the things in life I use, are now animal-cruelty free contributes to wellbeing.

Hi there :) I have been a vegetarian for 22 years this year, like a few people I grew up on a farm and thought the animals (that I used to look after and name!) went away for their holidays :( when I found out where they really went, I could never eat anything that had a face again

hi guys im new to this :) 

i have been vegetarian all my life since the day i was born . i do consume milk and a bit of egg but yeah. Reason was it was part of my religion initially but now for me its the only way to be nothing like the taste of fresh veggies :) 

all my life 

1. was raised as veggie

2. have had many chances to eat meat but thought what's the point

3. Animals have the right to live and have minds and feelings so we have no right to take their life without permission (not that they can give us permission but you get me)

4. personally being a veggie has made me very healthy and slim (always a good thing for a girl haha) so the diet alone is great too.

5. Meat smells eugh 

6. veggies are more attractive and healthy 

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service