I was insulted and may have over reacted at a resteruant. Opinions?

Me and four other friends went to Cheddars a cafe here in town. I get my usual, chicken caesar pasta salad without the chicken. I like the caesar salad with the pasta in it. It is my favorite salad ofcourse without the chicken. My waitor gives me the salad with chicken on it. To me no big deal, so I told him I asked for no chicken. He goes are you a vegetarian? I said yes. He told me he would go make me a new one. Not even 2 mins later I get the salad back and the honey bun on a seperate plate but on my salad plate there is residue of where my honey bun has been and it looked as if they picked the chicken out. I search through my salad I find two chunks of chicken. I was mad. This was so rude it goes against my beliefs. I found this so insulting . I am not the type of vegetarian that would eat stuff with the meat just picked off. If I would have been okay with that I would have picked the meat out myself. I feel as if its already cooked in. It grosses me out. So my waitor gives me this sob story of how it is not his fault his brothers a vegan and I was cool with him because at first we all agreed not to tip the guy but then ofcourse we did since we realized it is not his fault. I demanded the salad to be taken off the bill. The manager did not even come speak with me or apoloygize but offered only a free 99 cent dessert mini through my waitor. I think I deserved  a monster cookie and an apology from the manager. If that would have happened I woould not be complaining right now. I feel like they insulted what I believe in. So I went to the Cheddar's  contact us and I started out my comment: Cheddar's is not vegetarian friendly and goes against your beliefs. Here is one of the many forums I have posted on about your disrespectful service here in *** ohio. Then I will copy and paste what I said above. Am I over reacting? I talked to my mom about it she was like I would have flipped out and made a scene. She is a meat eater but she does not like any type of bird. I don't know I am just strong when it comes to meat in or around my food.

Views: 5865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're right, Cesar dressing is made with anchovies.

I wouldn't have paid for it if they brought it back quickly I wouldn't have eaten it. This same thing happened to me at Applebees and they just returned it back to me in less then a min. I didn't want to make a big deal but I wish I did because the thought of eating it made me sick.

Would they like to eat someting that a cooked up dead body was on and it just got picked off but the remains and juices of the dead body touched their lettuce? I read some comments and from now on I'm just going to say I'm highly allergic to meat and I get instantly violently ill and my throat closes up if I have any contact whatsoever.

I don't think you over reacted at all!

I agree you should not have to pay for salad you cannot eat. Just dont go back there anymore.

You did not over react. You have a right for the meal you asked for and that you were promised. They have no idea why you asked for that combination. As far as they know, you might be allergic to meat and faced an ER visit if you eat it. It's none of their business Why you asked. If they agree to serve you a dish, you get that dish, not some picked over version on a sticky plate. I don't eat meat. I don't eat things cooked with or served with meat. That's my right.... and yours as well.

Oh SNAP! LDev is back...prepare for the comments that no one needs.

No over reaction, that sounds horrifying. I would not have stood for that either, and it makes me so angry as they don't seem to care about our beliefs, and don't understand that it repulses us.

Well, I think it'd be better to pick it out rather than have them toss the WHOLE salad away just so you can feel better about having no meat touch it. To me wasting food is unconscionable. I'm a vegan, been through similar deals, but I never have them toss an entire plate of perfectly good food just because  piece of meat touched it.

I probably would have screamed at the guy, to be honest. I won't eat anything that touched meat. It's a total appetite killer.

First of all regardless of your diet when you go to a restaurant you are the customer and it is the job of the entire staff to get your order right.

Usually I try not order things that I have to order without something on it. If need be I just tell them I'm allergic to meat and fish.

At my local Cheddar's, I normally order the baked spaghetti and stress several times that I want MARINARA sauce. Only once have they brought it to me with meat sauce. Sadly, I didn't realize this until several bites in. Luckily the manager at my location (West Monroe, LA) was extremely kind and had the cooks make me a new plate ASAP.

I would have acted the same way. It can be tough for us veggies, when they usually don't understand. I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. I'm not sure if you eat fish or not, but, ceaser dressing has anchovie paste in it. You could make your own though without it.

Good thing I wasn't in those similar circumstances.. This indecent might have to lead to violence.

Every vegetarian should eat at the place where only pure vegetarian food is coocked and served. Otherwise you can't complain, you have to face repercussions!

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service