I was insulted and may have over reacted at a resteruant. Opinions?

Me and four other friends went to Cheddars a cafe here in town. I get my usual, chicken caesar pasta salad without the chicken. I like the caesar salad with the pasta in it. It is my favorite salad ofcourse without the chicken. My waitor gives me the salad with chicken on it. To me no big deal, so I told him I asked for no chicken. He goes are you a vegetarian? I said yes. He told me he would go make me a new one. Not even 2 mins later I get the salad back and the honey bun on a seperate plate but on my salad plate there is residue of where my honey bun has been and it looked as if they picked the chicken out. I search through my salad I find two chunks of chicken. I was mad. This was so rude it goes against my beliefs. I found this so insulting . I am not the type of vegetarian that would eat stuff with the meat just picked off. If I would have been okay with that I would have picked the meat out myself. I feel as if its already cooked in. It grosses me out. So my waitor gives me this sob story of how it is not his fault his brothers a vegan and I was cool with him because at first we all agreed not to tip the guy but then ofcourse we did since we realized it is not his fault. I demanded the salad to be taken off the bill. The manager did not even come speak with me or apoloygize but offered only a free 99 cent dessert mini through my waitor. I think I deserved  a monster cookie and an apology from the manager. If that would have happened I woould not be complaining right now. I feel like they insulted what I believe in. So I went to the Cheddar's  contact us and I started out my comment: Cheddar's is not vegetarian friendly and goes against your beliefs. Here is one of the many forums I have posted on about your disrespectful service here in *** ohio. Then I will copy and paste what I said above. Am I over reacting? I talked to my mom about it she was like I would have flipped out and made a scene. She is a meat eater but she does not like any type of bird. I don't know I am just strong when it comes to meat in or around my food.

Views: 5865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was lame, but it's good to remember that your ethics and beliefs aren't reflected in many others. they should have been more attentive, but if things are busy and they're running around, the connection was probably not made..

Agreed. They picked out the chicken so to them it is no big deal. People who eat meat don't understand how revolting it is to vegetarians. They think it is just a choice. Now, had you said you were strongly allergic--that probably would have been different. In fact, I say that a lot when I go out and find that that makes staff a lot more careful.

That is a good point. Scary to know what actually goes on in the kitchen. Most of the staff in this somewhat upscale resteruant probably get paid as much as a worker in mc donalds. Which promotes the laziness and lack of care.

That sounds so lazy to me... obviously, you could have sat there and picked the chicken out if that's what you were okay with. Clearly you weren't, since you asked them to please fix your order- so they knew that wasn't acceptable. And the fact they couldn't even do it properly.. sigh.

absolutely correct! what i do whenever such a thing happens, is cut the bun, tear it in half, stick my finger it in, or in some way deform the plate so if it's the same just with the meat removed, i would know. i would have said you could have reacted more: left the restaurant and then contacted corporate

Cheddar's doesn't really sound like a classy joint or one that would entertain your disappointment.  It almost sounds like Dairy Queen or something.  Where is this awful restaurant?

what i also have to say to this it to not eat at these types of places, fast food restaurants and even restaurants in general. there may be some cross contamination going on, and i used to work in restaurants so i know

ya its sad because even in 5 star joints, the cooks scratch their ass wipe their nose and go back to cooking.

Lets say a lot of people prefer not to eat at places who have "closed" kitchens cause you cant see them preparing the things... An advice to follow! 

I don't think you overreacted, I would have done the same thing. Especially because after being vegetarian when I accidentally eat meat, my stomach gets extremely sick, with pain and nausea and sometimes vomiting. It feels like the flu.

I haven't had that misfortune yet. But I've heard it can happen. My step dad tried to sneak meat into my food. I realized quickly though and refused to eat it. I learned that I'll never eat anything he gives me again unless it's raw vegetables or something. 

Someone actually tried to smuggle meat inside of your food?! I'm speechless, that's beyond a violation :/

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service