-

Views: 799

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think there is simple way to test if something contains meat. If you are not sure about something, then just don't eat it. That's the simplest thing I can do.

Most people can smell out something contains meat after going vegetarians for sometimes. I think that's the simplest way to test if something contains meat.

if you hesitate the food is vegetarian or not, then please just don't eat it. I think that's the simplest thing I can suggest now. 

They make a scanner that you can scan on barcodes when you're in the grocery store, to see if the product is vegetarian, non vegetarian or vegan :)

If you've been a vegan/vegetarian for a long time, your body has stopped producing pepsin, the enzyme used to digest meat's proteins. So, vegetarians/vegans can't even eat flesh without getting severe stomach pains. It's always good to be cautious, but I think it is most likely fine if it's been 6 months or more since last eating meat. 

I'm sorry it was meat :(

As for the pain thing, it probably varies between people. After about a month as a vegetarian I had a veggie burger which my father fried in a pan along with meat burgers, thus having it soak up fats from the meat... I was ill for a few hours with nasty stomach pain afterwards. It surprised me that I reacted so soon though.

Dude that absolutely sucks that your parents lied to you.  Do they not support your vegetarian diet?  What was their reaction when you switched?

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service