HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND TO SOMEONE WHO QUESTIONED YOUR ETHICAL VEGETARIAN POSITION WITH THE CLAIM THAT PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS & SENSES, THEREFORE YOU'RE DEVOID OF COMPASSION WITH YOUR DIETARY CRUELTY????????????????????????????????

Views: 1473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have no opinion on the matter, have thought about it seriously. Always pluck anything with care and asking the plant or tree forgiveness for my action and thanking for the gift.

What if our knowledge was still in the limbs ? Maybe later, in a century or so we will find out amazing things about plants (communication, etc.)

I watched a very seriously researched program on plants showing how they react in a violent environment, wether it is because of climate or war. In the south of Argentina, where there is a wild place with extreme winds, plants were shown to turn in such a way as if they were trying to escape the violence of winds. In war torn places, plants and trees after several years were bending and turning and facing in the most unusual ways in the direction away from the line of conflict.

Interesting isn't it ?

Good Grief!

That's easy.  I'm more concerned by your excessive usage of caps and a multitude of question marks.

It is very concerning

I'M IMPRESSED BY YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL & AVOIDANCE OF THE TOPIC AT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KUDOS!

They did an episode on MythBusters about this.  They hooked a plant up to a machine that would tell if the plant was giving any response to stimuli such as yelling at the plant, attempting to cause it pain, or even thinking bad thoughts about it.  At first they did get some result, but they also recognized that the plant was not isolated in an enclosed area and that would affect it.  They tried it again after isolating the plant so that the only stimuli it could respond to was that which they had inflicted and got no response.  In short, plants probably don't have feelings or senses.

Plants have single sense of touch! Plants does not have the other 4 senses - vision, smell, taste or hearing!

No nervous system, boom, done. Also, even if they did in some parallel universe, why eat BOTH and increase the suffering two fold? It's a retarded argument both ways.

no nervous system is a weak argument to me.

The second one is better.

Usually i answer that someone badly studied biology in school.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service