Administrator

Should physician assisted suicide or Euthanasia be made legal ?

Physician-assisted suicide, also known as euthanasia, should it be made legal in the United States because it many cases in is in the patient's best interest. Many painful, terminal conditions exist that lead to long-term suffering and severely effect the quality of life. Life is sacred, yes, but when that life is nothing but suffering and pain? Do you think the person might not be metal capable to make that discussion ? What your opinions and views on it ? for me I believe all life is sacred but I am kind of conflicted on this one.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Choice.  A person should have a choice.  Same argument for abortion.  The choice to do with your body as want

abortion can differ from suicide.

suicide is a right!!  but assisted suicide is not a /right/. killing is wrong so one cant demand that someone else do that for them.

I know some one who would very much like assisted suicide to be legal in this country.... I am not such a fan, though if your quality of life is very poor and cannot change... for instance, if you are paralyzed from the neck down and need some one to wipe your ass three times a week... I don't know... I have mixed feelings about it.

arent their nerve pathways still there? is something wrong at disc in neck?

He completely severed his spine, so the nerve connection is broken. Sure there are pathways there but they are not connected to the brain so he doesn't really feel pain. Maybe with stem cell therapy he could regain some of his feeling. However, that is extremely expensive and I don't think it is practiced here in the United States. He definitely cannot afford a trip to Europe. It is out of the question. The point is that even with the best treatments in the world his life is never going to even be close to what it was when he was able-bodied. If you are a poor quadriplegic you don't have enough money to lead an independent life and you will most likely wind up in a nursing home or a group home with like, zero freedom. That is the reality, even if you gain back some of your functioning. What would you do in that position? If you lead a full life until you are 44 and then you are completely paralyzed. Truth is you don't really know what that is like until it happens to you. A lot of quads just want to die. That's just the reality of the situation.

an assisted suicide doctor should never go to prison though. that is a travesty i think. you really dont want american governments regulating euthanasia.

When you've live with and took care of a terminally ill cancer patient (I have) when does someone else opinion over shadow someone else right to end their suffering?Do we have the right to block someone that is going to suffer and die painfully or do we see another personal freedom and right to end their own suffering? Now, I am talking about someone in the right state of mind though.Personally, I watch my mom suffer and die of brain cancer and I kept her at home with me and took care of her.. It was one of the most painful experiences I think to watch a love one go threw that.But, if my mom wanted to end her life I would of respected her wish.I agree with ,Q. A person should have a choice.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2018   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service