Who doesn’t love surprises? I get so excited when I discover that some of my favorite candies and snacks are vegan. What makes something “accidentally vegan“? These are foods that were not created with the purpose of feeding vegans but rather were a happy accident, showing that delicious treats of all kinds can be made without using dairy products, honey, or other animal-derived ingredients.

Here are the top 20 foods that made me jump for joy when I discovered that they were vegan:

1. Cinnamon Life

2. Red Bull Energy Drink

3. Airheads

4. Cracker Jack

5. Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili–Flavored Tortilla Chips

6. Fritos

7. Fruit by the Foot

8. Kettle Brand Potato Chips (sea salt and vinegar)

9.Kellogg’s Unfrosted Pop-Tarts (brown sugar, blueberry, and strawberry)

10. Lay’s Potato Chips (barbecue and plain)

11. Nabisco Oreo Cookies

12. Nabisco Teddy Grahams (cinnamon and chocolate)

13. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (peanut butter)

14. Ritz Crackers

15. Ruffles Original Potato Chips

16. Sour Patch Kids

17. Wheat Thins

18. Hershey’s Syrup

19. Thomas’ New York–Style Bagels (plain, everything, and blueberry)

20. Mission Flour Tortillas

Source: Peta.org

Views: 53244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are not all vegan or even vegatarian. Red bull has taurine in it which is bear bile farmed from Black bears where they permanetly have a tube down there throat or cut into there stomach and live like that in little cages for the rest of there lives.

As far as I know, bear bile is used for Chinese medicines - not for extracting Taurine. Taurine is now mass-manufactured in synthetic form. Anyway its off my list.

Quote:

Chemical synthesis and commercial production

Synthetic taurine is obtained from isethionic acid (2-hydroxyethanesulfonic acid), which in turn is obtained from the reaction of ethylene oxide with aqueous sodium bisulfite. Another approach is the reaction of aziridine with sulfurous acid. This leads directly to taurine.

It's artificial, even most the taurine of pet food is artificial.

based on this topic, I wondered why skittles were not listed... then I found this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130228093523AALwDEl

Frito Lays Chips, and maybe other products, are made with palmoil.

You are right about palm oil - I don't take Lays Chips so don't know the ingredients. 

http://www.alternet.org/environment/how-palm-oil-industry-driving-o...

i know it's terrible for you, but redbull is (sadly) a really good source of vit B12 :/

There's been a lot of talk about B12. I've been a vegetarian (now almost vegan) for about 30 years and for much of that time I was concerned about B12 deficiency, etc. But guess what? I read the body requires very little of it and is able to produce it as well, and that deficiency occurs most in people who have a medical problem that prevents their bodies from absorbing it properly (and they may or may not be vegetarian). For my last blood test, I specifically requested for a B12 test and it came out within limits. Don't worry about B12 - it's something the meat industry / pro-meat lobby uses to put fear into people.

AWESOME!

They may be vegan... still not ONE item on this list seems to me to be healthy at all!!

Warm regards

The #1 ingredient in oreo's is sugar…. so it is not vegan.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service