Veg*ns! How do you feel about Christians? (Sorry if I offend anyone)

So I have lots of veg*n and I couldn't stop noticing that most of them seem to express a strong hatred of Christians. Lots of them seem to be friendly towards me but it turns out that they only hate when people use God as an excuse to eat animals.

I want a truthful answer here. How do you feel about Christians? Do you feel the same way they do? 

Views: 1970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We don't really get pushy Christians in England. There's a Jehovah's witness place not far from my house and I've only ever heard from them once.

First I have to say the it was a Christian group that first introduced me to veganism.   How?  (I"m Jewish)

I went to a rural health retreat to quit smoking, run by Seventh Day Adventists, and they served Vegan cuisine all week !   There are some Christians that also consider the welfare of animals in their actions. 

Next...I just am intolerant of anyone who is intolerant :)  of any sect or denomination.  If you can't keep any open mind and invoke a god to justify torture and killing of sentient beings, I can't waste my time with you.  Of any belief system, no matter.

That's a very interesting story. I think really if you examine all the evidence, veganism is most compatible with any religious practice seeking to spread peace and avoid harm to other living beings. I think this stereotype might come from those who try and use the bible to justify their use of meat, but like you, many make this philosophy their own to help them grow :)!!

Congrats on going vegan xo

i will re iteratte here, religion is government, government is the face of religious laws, that extort money from the working class, our world has become sincerely pathetic when we allow these religious communist pedofiles to extort money from the REAL working class to molest children.

I think it is a stretch to think of government as the face of religious laws. the United States government is totally at odds in their policies with religious groups. most fundamentalist Christians for instance believe that Satan is running our government and the new world order.

that sounds clueless, government at odds with religion? and its only the sheeps that follow religion that think government is evil, and thats they way they were manipulated to think. the exact point i was proving thank you for the study.

it sounds to me that your idea of the link between religion and government is a bit dated.

at least the US government does all that they can to keep religions from leading people.  the last I heard, it isn't even allowed for church congregations to promote a presidential candidate.

they do all they can by giving them tax free status? all the laws are written by communist who belong to a church

I doubt we are even talking about the same thing.  I don't think that the Catholic Church should be confused with religious laws in general.  It sounds to me more like you have some gripe about the investment and therefore power that the Catholic Church has in America and other parts of the world.  The Church is just one player in the new world order so I won't dispute that they don't have power.  What I am disputing is that the government panders to Christian ideals.  They don't.  They have religions pandering to their ideals to create a new type of society that works for the elite of the world and religious ethics in the truest sense have little to do with that.

I am not sure of the communist you speak of though.  If you think that America is Christian dominated nations, then that is probably what the elite wants you to think so it looks like you just showed them that they are doing a good job.  I suggest you do more reading on what really goes on in the US. Read up about the banking system and then tell me if communists or Catholics are running our country.

I see your point, in a way. It's undeniable that religion has been used to control people. It's also been used to justify great, terrible evil. Our particular political leaders are all church-goers (unlike the founding fathers) and always include God in their speeches. But at the same time, I think when kept personal and spiritual, it can be a good thing :) I do note the irony that churches such as the Catholic church hoard an insane amount of wealth, and have built the monstrosity known as the Vatican. Not quite what I would have pictured Jesus Christ wanting, being that he hated rich people and all.

exactly, we spend way to much time thinking the church and religion are relevant

I really don't think it has much to do with religion. If someone is going to hate vegetarians it's because that's the way they are, religious or not. But then there's some people who are just very open minded and care about different things :)

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service