Veg*ns! How do you feel about Christians? (Sorry if I offend anyone)

So I have lots of veg*n and I couldn't stop noticing that most of them seem to express a strong hatred of Christians. Lots of them seem to be friendly towards me but it turns out that they only hate when people use God as an excuse to eat animals.

I want a truthful answer here. How do you feel about Christians? Do you feel the same way they do? 

Views: 1970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe Catholicism has done a grave disservice to Christianity. The Romans corrupted something true and made it so evil, not that Catholic people are evil, but have been terribly mislead. The Cath Church was made for wealth and power, and many practices are far from Biblical. I was raised alternately Catholic and Agnostic as a child and later dabbled in Paganism and Eastern Religions. During this time I had an irrational disdain for anyone who called themselves a Christian. It was a face value judgement that I still do not understand. Perhaps I didn't understand blind faith and found it stupid. Yet I was so terribly unhappy and self-destructive and low in self-esteem. I am now a born again Christian. I am comforted to know that the suffering of this world is temporary and merciful God will welcome the innocents (including animals) into a perfect land. My lost soul is now guided through this trecherous, evil world through prayer to the wisdom of my Lord. My vegetarianism supports and is supported by my faith, regardless of what others think. Google biblical vegetarianism if curious, there is a lot of info. Unfortunately I don't meet many other Christian vegetarians. :(

I am very much a Christian and a vegetarian as well.  I have no problem with her Christians because I just refer them to genesis where the Lord spoke and told them he had supplied fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds for our food. There's that passage where Jesus Fed the masses with 2 little fishes and 5 loads of bread.  To that I'm certain if there had been a basket of vegetables the he would have multiplied that to feed them all but he worked with what he had.  Lol.  Like anything else it's all in how you look at it I suppose.  Using Christianity as an excuse to eat meat in the way our society consumes mass quantities of it.  That's not sustainable and I not think the Lord approves of any of his creatures being tired or his creation being destroyed just for our greed.   

I'm atheist myself, but isn't there a Biblical passage which says that after the flood Noah was given permission to eat of the animals as the fruit of the trees? I hope I'm wrong about that.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service