Veg*ns! How do you feel about Christians? (Sorry if I offend anyone)

So I have lots of veg*n and I couldn't stop noticing that most of them seem to express a strong hatred of Christians. Lots of them seem to be friendly towards me but it turns out that they only hate when people use God as an excuse to eat animals.

I want a truthful answer here. How do you feel about Christians? Do you feel the same way they do? 

Views: 1969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love this.....". If you need compensation or a reward to have the common decency to be good to other people then you need a reality check."

Humberto, did you know that there is a really good heavy metal band called "Stryper" ?

and also Dave Mustaine of "Megadeth" is also a Christian.

Personally I never judge a person on their belief. Everybody is individual, and anybody can make up excuses regarding eating meat or behaving superior to those around them. Then again I have never had a bad experience with someone based on their religion.....

I've never had anyone try to force their beliefs on me but I have had many bad experiences with people, if I carried these experiences with me throughout the rest of my life I wouldn't talk to anyone ever again. I treat every human being as a new slate, as a new person because that's what they are. There's no point passing judgement on to people you don't even know based on something like religion......I don't think it makes a person.

If I was friends with someone and found out they were a Christian, I wouldn't be bothered lol....whats the point. This world is a shit cake, might as well make the most of it. And anyone can be mean, nasty, kind or good....regardless. 

And if anybody used god as an excuse to eat animals, I would have a giggle openly...probably share my opinion too as it's all about respect :D 

The truth is Humberto, I doubt most Christians or any other religious group THINK about meat in the way we Veg@ns do. As an ex-carnivore I can say with most certainty, the vast majority doesn’t and while its encouraging to see so many here and in other Veg@an groups being aware of what they eat and how it effects the rest of the world, reaching those who are in a haze of denial will never happen by attacking them personally. Their habits are their habits because of how the world has evolved over thousands and thousands of years. Most meat eaters have done so since near birth and don't even consider any other way of living. Doesn't make them bad or evil.

If we want to reach people with our positive message, we have to use the same compassion and understanding we reserve for animals.

ya and basis to smoke herb also...

• Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
  • Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
  • Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."
  • Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man."
  • Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith." 
  • Revelation 22:2 " the river of life proceeded to flow from the throne of God, and on either side of the bank there was the tree of life, and the leaf from that tree is for the healing of the nations."

That's more than enough reason for me to toke up.

Yessssssssss!

Agnostic here.
All religions, including Christianity that have copyright upon Love, Peace, Humility and Truth (i.e. Jesus is the ONLY way) have an inability to factor in variables such as people in South America in 300AD, Native Australians or Americans in 700BC, and countless millions of people never, ever, ever hearing about the savior of the One True Religion. These glaring flaws of an all powerful God giving one man lifelong access to The One True Religion and another ABSOLUTELY NO ACCESS because of being born in a geographical vacuum where said One True Religion has not been spread causes for the most insane excuses as to why, or an intellectual withdrawal to an impenetrable fortress of "OH it's Gods will, therefore we don't have to know the reason"

I do not hate Christians but do not stand for division in the name of religion, nationality, race, imaginary lines in the dirt, or economic systems. We are existing in an age of contrast, where parts of our species has realized that the Earth is a sphere, organisms gradually evolve over large periods of time, the Universe is immense, Love, Peace & Humility are formless powers that CAN NOT be copyrighted by ANY religion and there is no one that can save you from yourself but yourself.

I know that to some these concepts of a world outside your religion is very uncomfortable. I understand this. But we can no longer live in a world where we have members of our species in such archaic thought. Our problem today is that those that are awakened to these Truths are like a person from 1990 New York transported back 2,000 years to the Roman Empire. This New Yorker may know the TRUTH: That the Earth is a sphere, that disease is caused by bacteria, viruses and cancers, that the which doctor can not cure anything, Zeus does not live on Mt. Olympus and that the moon is a sphere in which can be visited....

But the Romans see all this as heresy and will most likely burn the New Yorker alive or cast him from society because he does not fit neatly into their false world.

Travel, study science, talk to people outside your bubble and question everything.

Its been interesting reading everyones comments here.

I consider myself a Christian.  I grew up attending the seventh day adventist church but lived with my jewish grandmother and athiest grandfather.    I dont like the catholic church, but I send my kids to a Catholic school, mainly because the school is FANASTIC, and the principal dosent care if we are catholic or not.  Long as we respect them, they respect my choice to not be catholic. 

But my religion is personal and important to me.  I dont preach it to others, I dont even talk about it. Unlessed asked.

What does it matter who is what?   I respect my friends choice to not be christians, they respect my choice to have faith that I do.    Why cant we all be like that?   In saying that I wouldnt have a relationship with an athiest or someone who didnt have similar faith to me.  That just dosent work, especially with kids involved.

BUT at the college I attend which has a high number of vegans and vegetarians.  I would guess from our general class conversations most of them are NOT christian at all.  But I have contributed that to more, we are there studying because we are courious people and why people.  Not because we are sheep and follow the heard.  That could just the personality of the people who study there, so just attractes more non-christians. ??  (most of the students are naturopath students).

I am a Christian and a Vegan. God made a beautiful planet for us with ALL it's inhabitants and I want to do as little harm as possible. The world is a mess and everybody is blaming everybody else. 

The earlier Christian people believed that eating meat prevented you from being close to God....many of the earlier saints were vegetarian.

Many Gnostics were vegetarians. I have seen both intentional and unintentional misinterpretation of early Hebrew, Arabic and the lack of discernment in comparing  differnet cultural perspectives. Many, but not all, of the Gnostic systems placed the True God above the God worshipped by the great mass of humanity. This inferior God was often portrayed as an arrogant and tyrannical power, ignorant of its own origin and limitations. A number of Gnostic systems were characterized by an emphasis on the divine female counterpart to the Christos-figure, who was variously known as Sophia, Helena, Ennoia, or Barbêlô.

There is a blatant patriarchal influence that systematically removed the divine feminine.

The Orpheans adopted the Dionysian religion as their own. They tempered the savagery of its rites, and used these refined rites to convey, by allegory, the philosophical teachings of their redemptive religion. Being ascetics and vegetarians, they substituted for the bloody Omophagia a bloodless sacramental communion of cakes made of meal and honey in remembrance of the slain son of God.

you said that nicely

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service