Veg*ns! How do you feel about Christians? (Sorry if I offend anyone)

So I have lots of veg*n and I couldn't stop noticing that most of them seem to express a strong hatred of Christians. Lots of them seem to be friendly towards me but it turns out that they only hate when people use God as an excuse to eat animals.

I want a truthful answer here. How do you feel about Christians? Do you feel the same way they do? 

Views: 1971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly, being a christian, especially an orthodox one, is an tangible evidence of lack of neurosynaptic connections, lack of self-honesty or at best, an affection by a severe form of chronic naivety.

I agree Julian with what you said here. Hypocritical self deceit is what i call it.

I deleted my first post because it did not truly reflect how i feel about Christians and Christianity. let me say that there may be some enlightened Christian here but probably you mix it with some common sense or studied Buddhism at one point 

1. all the people who around me that are afraid/scared of the current political debate of socialized medicine seem to be Christians. I thought if you have two coats and your brother none you were supposed to give him one and it never said sister (patriarchal). 2. I think the Judeo/Christian bible is Patriarchal, homophobic (in the old test. you are killed) new testament you can live but you are ostracized. 3. Their religion ;like most Right Hand Path, let's call them RHP, declare they are right and everything else is not. 4.  Let me add that they, most RHP religions have a holy war so if you truly believe that book is accurate then the holy war has to happen.(i could go on and on)

Come on everyone,.. the Holy Bible is a book that has been carefully put together from a compilation of different texts with the purpose of controlling humans. And now as the human race evolves the RHP religions are doing everything they can behind the scene to block a harmonious world by throwing out their bullshit. Christianity and Islam both have " end time scenarios" that deep down in their manipulated souls  they want to have happen to prove their lies are truths. That way they can say "see,....we told it would happen". The human race has enough resources and technology to make people feel more comfortable and healthy while not destroying the planet as quickly but we keep fighting over belief systems, boundary lines and blood lines. Two friends of mine, wonderful women, have a partnership that includes their children. Because of Christian influence in my country that does effect  our courts, my friends cannot marry and enjoy the rights e.g. insurance so one can work and one can dedicate more time to the children. I could go on and on  but i don't have time. Really research Christianity it if you really care. Read some books on Gnosticism.  Christians took over so much territory, enslaved so many people  conquered,  destroyed ancient knowledge Oh now they say "we don't do that anymore that was olden times. Well my friends maybe they should give it back but they can't. Their religion has done to much damage already.  The lines are drawn. They want to be right so badly they would destroy the earth to do it. How many Christians i have heard make the comment " turn the desert to glass" when talking about mid east.  I heard a bunch of them say that for four or five years.  We don't have to live out their story.

I used to be Christian but I am not any more. I find most Christians to be quite two faced and elitist however I do know many Christians who I love. I respect their belief for the religion is respectable.

I have nothing to say nor have a problem with 'christians' or w/e by simply giving this for any religious, bible-following animal consumers... From Genesis:

Then God said, “Behold, I have given you ever plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in it's fruit, you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on earth, everything that has breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so.

God is Vegan... AMEN. lol

Let me start by intuitively accepting the role of the bigot. By the way, i liked this post. I agree that some are nice and some are dreadful. For the record, i never said i disliked Christians..... also i might add that there is never been intolerance from my perspective,.... further more my attitude of Christians is a result of Christian intolerance which if you look up the word "bigot" that you so easily threw around is what the word pertains to,.. intolerance. Disliking someone for an attribute does not make you a bigot but  being intolerant would.  I have a lot of Christians and meat eaters in my life and i love them. Are you an agnostic or a "reluctant atheist"  ???

I think the best way to find brethren and sistren to celebrate with, who are vegan, is to start a club.  There is a some kind of club for christians on this site, but I can't remember if it is vegans only. It might be vegetarians also.

Naturally, people don't become automatically friendly with each other just for diet's sake.  We all have political, religious and social views as well along with our dietary or other ethical choices.  I like heavy metal...a lot...and I think the government in my country sucks ass and I have a lot of strong opinions on a lot of issues and many many many vegetarians think I am wacko.

For instance, while I am vegetarian, I think if someone eats roadkill, they have done nothing wrong.  A lot of vegans would say I am plain stupid and don't understand what veganism is.  Personally, I see veganism as nothing more than not harming living animals.  But that is quite hard to do in a world which pollutes and devastates environments which ultimately harm animals.

ya, I forgot the name of the group.  actually, I am a member.  I like Jesus a lot but I am not a Christian in any traditional sense, as in, I would never be called a Christian by any other Christian, unless they were a member of a Unitarian Church.

I am interested in the idea of veganism according to Christian beliefs.  Is there info in the group?  If so, I will check it out, and if not, could you post some?

Which verse is on your mind?  I have a verse on my mind which is anti vegan.  "The Lord gave man dominion over the earth and animals" (paraphrase)

For those interested, here is a good book to read...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/474616.The_Dominion_of_Love

Thanks. That looks like a good find.

:)

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service