Administrator

What compelled YOU to change and become Vegan/Vegetarian?

There are many reasons why people choose to go vegetarian or vegan. Some are compelled by the environmental impact and animal rights.Others are guided by ethical concerns or religious reasons.I respect these reasons and appreciate anyone who thinks deeply about the impact of their food choices.Myself,I went Vegan because of ethical reasons .What compelled you to go Vegan/Vegetarian?What was the reason behind/or what was the information that moved you forward to making you change to a plant base diet?Of course,this is me just wanting see information or reasons that compelled people to change.Plus,getting know why people do things,you get to also know a lot about who they are as a person.So,what compelled you to change?

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I became a vegetarian for no reason whatsoever. I wanted to see if I could do it, and looked at it like a challenge. I figured I would try to go vegetarian for a month, but within that first month I started reading more information and watching more documentaries on why people shouldn't eat meat. After everything I had read and seen my 'one month without meat' turned into into my life. Sometimes I fee bad about my reasoning to becoming a vegetarian. It had nothing to do with my love for animals or the environment. In the end all that matters is the fact that you started right? Now I have all of this knowledge and gained a new outlook on life.

You don't need to feel bad for the reasons at all. Everyone is an individual, and there is no "right way" of doing things. 

Do you feel that you've stayed vegetarian because of ethics/environment? Or Health? 

No reason is more superior than another :)

really you are truthfull life

real good thinking in your mind

Geezer Butler has opened my eyes.

I became a vegan to get healthy and I've remained a vegan for animals and health. :-) 

very good action

I became vegetarian after studying about nutrition especially plant based nutrition for health.  Campbell's book The China Study was especially enlightening.  My studies also brought to light the awful treatment of animals for food production.  My reasons are both health based and ethical.  There is so much evidence showing the environmental and health benefits of a whole foods plant based diet, I can't imagine living any other way.

Many people explain their reasons for becoming vegan in this 1976 programme;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTYjaQLy2o

my self is vegetarian when my class teacher told how the animals killed for food and think if you are animal and you are hang as meat in the mutton stall how do you feel, that incident brings me as a vegetarian life

No completion. Stopped consuming meat / fish / egg since 10 years of age. Have witnessed a ritual and decided against eating living beings... 

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service