What meals/tips would you suggest if you are trying to lose weight if you are a Vegetarian?

Embarrassing I know, but I've been veggie for quite a long time but have seemed to struggle to lose weight and remained over-weight for the majority of my childhood. It didn't bother me at the time, but when I got older I decided to do something about it, throughout 2 years since I have now lost 3 and a half stone through swapping potato and starchy foods and beans for more green stuff like salad, and eating more quorn and Tofu. I'd like to lose another 2 stone to reach my target, does anyone have any good tips on any meals that I could use. I eat quite healthy but have struggled with over-eating on cakes and binge-ing on chocolates, which I'm controlling at the moment, but still any ideas on how to lose weight as a veggie would be great. I love cooking, so any tips on great recipes that are not starchy and make you constipated? Potatoes seem to have that affect on me, I love them and have lived on them for years but cutting and swapping has been the key to me losing weight, and of course stopping the cakes! 

:-) 

Views: 10077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4get cheese, reduce dairy intake. Take green vegetables.
One more important thing the gap between last meal and sleep should be 4 hours or more.

Cut out junk foods such as french fries or fried cheese, cut out overeating and don´t eat as soon as you are hungry but have a glass of water and wait half an hour. Then eat :) Don´t eat after 19h and don´t miss breakfast :) Remember that vegetables and fruits are best for loosing weight.

*lost 15kg in

Cut of the white carbs and replace them with products that contains whole grain.
Eat meals with whole grain and lots of proteins.
Remember holding your blood glucose stable so you won't eat crappy food.

I actually started a completely vegan and on refined sugar and white flour free diet + running every day.

If you can I would suggest the same for you - it truly is an energy booster and will help you loose the weight fast :)

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2020   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service