So most people have irrational fears, my only one is spiders but I don't want to kill them so what do I do. I don't want them even in the same room with me so how do I handle this without harming the spider. Most of you probably think why don't I just kill it like a sane person but if i feel that its wrong to kill animals to eat why should I decide that I can kill an animal just because of a phobia. So please help, ive never really been sure how to handle this. 

Views: 5803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The spiders that hang out in my house tend to be really little. I leave them alone for the most part. During the summer sometimes there will be bigger spiders/bugs and I'll use some type of paper that's handy, like a magazine or newspaper to scoot them outside. I try to especially leave the skinny ones alone because they're too delicate to handle and I don't want to hurt them.
Scoop them up and put them outside. Put a container, like a cup or glass, over them, slide a piece of paer under it, tip it the right way up, and drop them outside.

I've enjoyed reading all the advice about spiders, but what do vegans do about ants that get into the house and cupboards?  Does anyone know?  I have been vegetarian for about 5 years, would love to go vegan because of my love for animals and all living things, but I wonder about things like this and bugs??

I USUALLY GRAB A SOFT PIECE OF TOILET PAPER SLIGHTLY DAB WITH WATER GRAB THE SPIDER WITH IT AND CRADLE IT INSIDE THE PAPER, RUN OUTSIDE AS FAST AS YOU CAN OPEN THE PAPER AND RELESE, I DONT RECOMENT THIS WITH POISONOUS SPIDERS.

Scream and run off in horror?Lol

that is exactly what I do! thought of killing or capturing never comes to mind. I have moved over such instances. Centipedes are another one. oh the heebie jeebies!

Centipedes are fine, and good for the garden. I knew someone who collected them when I was a child! That's going a bit far, and not very kind either! But I do think that centipedes just suffer from being ugly.

I have just joined the group, and I hope I'm not too old at 67; everyone else seems to be young! I do occasionally eat meat, but only if it's free range. But I have declared myself as a semi-vegetarian. I love all animals, including insects, slugs and snails, and spiders, but they are not insects. I also love wild rats, and so does my husband. There's no denying that they have had a bad press over the years, but they couldn't help carrying fleas, which gives people the plague. They are very intelligent, and they clean themselves just like other animals. Nobody can say that I haven't jumped in the deep end!

Think of it this way, spiders need places to live to. All living creatures find a home for themselves for a reason. I know spiders freak people out but I'm a firm believer in bad karma therefor I think its a very bad thing to kill anything ( including spiders.) Next time you find a spider in your house or anywhere for that matter just find 2 cups that are the same size and scoop up the spider and hold the 2 cups together and carry it outside and set it free. I've done it a million times and I've even taught my friends to do it to. It's fast and easy. Good Luck!! :)

Okay. And what is your advice in case (like me) you have panic attacks, can't breath, etc.. well, a really serious phobia, when you are less than 2m from a spider ?

"Hypnosis, or whatsoever", ok, but I won't stop living until I do some hypnosis or something. :)

Get a humane bug catcher! You can find them online for around $10. It's almost like using a glass and sliding paper user it. I have one and it is fantastic.

Just catch them in a bottle and free them outside.

RSS

Support Us

Events

© 2019   Created by Xiao Kang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service