Connect with vegetarian and vegan friends from all over the world.
If you are like me, you eat and drink things that you know you are not supposed to around this time of the year. The problem with this is your body’s immune system is very low. I am going to tell you how to super charge the immune system so you have weapons to take down any bug or diocese that comes your way. One believe that you have to get out of your head is that your body ...is weak and it can’t fight off attacking germs. Your body is amazing and if you took the time to learn about it like I have, you would understand how to give your body the right tools it needs to be unstoppable. First I am going to tell you what to avoid. These are the things that destroy your immune system.
- Avoid sugar and keep sweet stuff to a minimum. Sugar prevents white blood cells from being their strongest.
- Eliminate unhealthy fats. Polyunsaturated fats in vegetable oils such as corn, safflower, and sunflower oil are deterrents to a healthy immune system.
- If you are overweight, lose a few pounds. Being overweight is very detrimental to your immune system and studies have shown that overweight people are less able to fight off infection.
- Drink plenty of water to boost the immune system as well as flush out toxins. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice to give the body that added alkalinity it needs.
- Exercise is a proven immune system booster. Exercise is best in moderation, however, since too much exercise may wear the body down and create immune system problems.
- Avoid stress and try to relax. Stress is rightly called the silent killer and too much stress invariably leads to a lowered immune system
Today I am going to talk about foods that have a high Antioxidant .punch. I am sure we have all heard this term. These are what destroy free radicals which are created from the things that I told you above to stay away from. Free radicals run through your body like a runaway freight train leaving destruction in their path. Your immune system (white blood cells) has its hands full trying to repair the damage. Then along comes a nasty bug and because your system is trying to take care of the more important task of repairing the free radical damage, the bad bugs are left alone to multiply.
Here is a question to ponder on. Why do we rarely get sick in the summer? Here is the answer. We are outside with more skin exposed to the sun. The sun’s rays penetrate our skin (UVB rays) which allows our body to create vitamin D. Without getting to complex, vitamin D it what helps our body to correlate all the reactions needed to super charge our body’s immune system. So how do we get it? In the winter it is more challenging. I use liquid vitamin D3 under my tongue. About 6000 mg a day. I also do a tanning bed once a week. Make sure there is a high volume of UVB bulbs. I go for 6-7 minutes
Ok. Now for the good stuff.
- Spices are amazing. There ORAC values are extremely high. Here are the ones I recommend. Always combine these with fresh ground black pepper. It increases the bioavailability (Allows your body to take it in) 10 fold. Put these on every food you eat
o Ground Cloves
o Dried leave oregano or Oil of oregano
o Rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, garlic, Cocoa( Without sugar, I put ground cocoa beans in my smoothies in the morning
- Fruits and vegetables, nuts, beans
o Black raspberries, Elderberries, Raisins, blueberries, apples(granny)
o Kidney, red, black, pinto beans
o Kale, Spinach, Brussels sprouts, Broccoli, beets, red bell pepper, onion, cauliflower, sweet potatoes
- Natural Antibacterial foods
o Most everything I mentioned above
o Tusli chamomile tea, RAW honey (Manuka if you can afford it. Never heat it. Eat from spoon
o OIL of oregano, tumeric(curcumin), ginger cayenne pepper is worth reiterating.
o Raw cabbage. (ferment it and make sauerkraut. It is sooo easy. Do not cook it)
o Probiotics (Dr Ohhira is the best)
- Slow deep nostril breathing
o Nitric oxide is secreted into the nasal passages and is inhaled through the nose. It is a potent vasodilator (dilatation of the blood vessels), and in the lungs it enhances the uptake of oxygen. NO is also produced in the walls of blood vessels and is critical to all organs in the body. It also destroys bacteria in the blood